- put in place staff guidelines
With the review of the security situation in Katsina -Ala Local Government viz security measures put in place by the Benue State Security Council, the Executive Chairman of the Benue State Internal Revenue Service (BIRS), Mr. Andrew Ayabam has directed the resumption of tax operations at the Katsina-Ala head bridge.
With the directive staff are however expected to resume under strict guidelines to ensure their safety andmaintenenc of safety at the inspection point, in adherenc to state government protocols.
BIRS has in this regard directed as follows:
1. Only staff of BIRS are to be found at revenue points.
2. All such staff must be in BIRS reflective jackets.
3. Every staff must have on them Staff Identity Cards.
4. All staff must abide by the security guidelines as announced by the Benu State Security Council.
It could be recalled that following recent violence in Katsina-Ala, BIRS had ordered the suspension of all tax operation at the bridge head, however with the announcement of adequate security measures by the Benue State government earlier today, activities will resume at the inspection point.
Share This Post!